We are delighted to announce that Lannan Foundation—whose support has been crucial to our efforts for many years now—has offered Archipelago a challenge grant of $25,000. If we can raise the funds by October 1, Lannan will match the amount dollar for dollar. It is a particularly meaningful moment to support our publishing program, and you can do so directly through our site by donating here.
Funds from this challenge grant will directly support the following literary works:
- Kibogo by Scholastique Mukasonga, translated from French by Mark Polizzotti
- Ti Amo by Hanne Ørstavik, translated from Norwegian by Martin Aitken
- Dawn by Sevgi Soysal, translated from Turkish by Maureen Freely
- The Last Days of Terranova by Manuel Rivas, translated from Galician by Jacob Rogers
- The Enlightenment of Katzuo Nakamatsu, translated from Spanish by Jennifer Shyue
- My Life as Edgar by Dominique Fabre, translated from French by Anna Lehmann
- A Practical Guide to Levitation by José Eduardo Agualusa, translated from Portuguese by Daniel Hahn
And the following picture books from Elsewhere Editions…
- João by a Thread by Roger Mello, translated from Spanish by Daniel Hahn
- Rosie Runs by Marika Maijala, translated from Finnish by Mia Spangenberg
There are a variety of ways you can support Archipelago. We hope you will read and share our books with your friends. You can become a member, or offer a gift membership to a friend. Your tax-deductible donation will allow our authors and translators to continue breaking new ground, our children’s books to enchant readers of all ages, and our prose and poetry to challenge the way we perceive the world around us.