- This event has passed.
European Voices in Translation: Stacey Knecht at the AGNI Festival
May 10, 2014 @ 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
AGNI, the Center for the Study of Europe, and the Goethe Institut Boston present a day-long festival –
European Voices in Translation:
László Krasznahorkai and George Szirtes with James Wood;
Semezdin Mehmedinovic, Ammiel Alcalay;
playwright Maria Milisavljevic; translator Stacey Knecht; and more
Saturday, May 10, from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
170 Beacon Street, Boston
The public is cordially invited. $10 General Admission. Students free with current ID.
- A Reading and Conversation: László Krasznahorkai and George Szirtes in conversation with James Wood
- A staged reading in English from the German play Brandung/Abyss, followed by playwright and translator Maria Milisavljevic in conversation with stage director Guy Ben-Aharon
- A Reading and Conversation: Semezdin Mehmedinovic and Ammiel Alcalay
- Translator Stacey Knecht reading from Bohumil Hrabal’s Harlequin’s Millions
- Translator Veronika Tuckerova reading selected poems by Ivan Blatný
- A performance by Cambridge Concentus: Intertwined Musical Voices: Biber, Buxtehude, and Bach
There will be refreshment breaks throughout the day and a reception with wine and beer following the concert.
For bios and other information, visit http://www.bu.edu/european/2014/04/03/event-announcement-european-voices-in-translation-may-10-2014/